Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Inductive Guidance - Burried Wire fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

billericayboy

Hi All,

I am looking at making an I2C Burried Wire Sensor for my robot project and think that this is the circuit i need

**broken link removed**

but i dont know enough about making circuits and testing them to know how to get it to work.

Can someone look at this for me and offer any assistance.

Thanks

Richard

Hi All,

I am looking at making an I2C Burried Wire Sensor for my robot project and think that this is the circuit i need

**broken link removed**

but i dont know enough about making circuits and testing them to know how to get it to work.

Can someone look at this for me and offer any assistance.

Thanks

Richard
hi,
I have looked at the cct and pdf, the PCF is a I2C bus expander, do you have a complete circuit.?

I must have put the wrong code down, i have located a I2C chip that reads input and sends it down the line. I will have to recheck my notes unless any one has any better suggestions on how to do this.

R

Yes. i have bought a couple of PCF8575C to use. Will these not do what i want ?

I have no electronics knowledge so i am working a bit in the dark on this, which is why i hopped that someone else had already done something similar so could guide me.

This is the module i bought from SparkFun https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8130

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,
I have looked at both your links, I still cannot see the purpose of the PCF in your project.

Its a PIC I2C to PORT bus expander.?

Perhaps it would help if you said what PIC you are using, are you short of I/O pins on the PIC, thats what the PCF is for.?

I can see the osc ic's and pick up coils on the sketch, these would be used to detect an external active loop, but why the PCF..:confused:

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

i could push the output directly to the PicAxe i have been playing with (or the Basic Stamp that i have just bought) but i wanted to build it with a I2C connection so it could be a module in it;s own right and then be simply moved from application to application and easily replicated and dropped in without using up the limited number of pins on the PIC.

I suppose i am trying to run before i can walk by not direct connecting to the PIC but i though someone may have done it before or could say just route the output from the amp to an ABC chip to give I2C output.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Eric,

i could push the output directly to the PicAxe i have been playing with (or the Basic Stamp that i have just bought) but i wanted to build it with a I2C connection so it could be a module in it;s own right and then be simply moved from application to application and easily replicated and dropped in without using up the limited number of pins on the PIC.

I suppose i am trying to run before i can walk by not direct connecting to the PIC but i though someone may have done it before or could say just route the output from the amp to an ABC chip to give I2C output.

Thanks

Richard

Hi,
I have not used the Basic Stamp so I cannot advise about any I2C command words that could be used.

I am sure other members will know.

IIUC you are asking how to Program PicAxe with I2C commands that can control the PCF port expander.

Thanks for the help, i think once i can get a citcuit to interface with a suitable I2C chip i can use the I2C chips voltage measurement to tell me how close to the wire i am (i.e. larger current when closer to wire).

so i think i need a sussection of what I2C chip i can use to read the output from the sensor/amp and then the I2C will do the rest - I think !!

Thanks for the help, i think once i can get a citcuit to interface with a suitable I2C chip i can use the I2C chips voltage measurement to tell me how close to the wire i am (i.e. larger current when closer to wire).

so i think i need a sussection of what I2C chip i can use to read the output from the sensor/amp and then the I2C will do the rest - I think !!

hi,
Your program will have to use I2C commands [I checked the picaxe, it does have them] to read the PCF port extender inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back