Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ic febrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali

hello every one.

i am studying VLSI and got on a question that why today's world is using the mos technology for Ic febrication? why not other? can someone answer my question?
or give me the link which can explain me this briefly and i also would love if i can compare this Mos technology with others.

Thanks

Last edited:
There are lots of reasons. If I were to choose one, however, it's because MOS can be made really, really, really small.

Because with MOSFETs, more transistors can be produced on the same piece of silicon than with BJTs and they uses less power.

Hey Thanks a lot But I have to explain it briefly. it's some kind of presentation i have to present. so please give me some links where i can get the points.

even Thanks for you replies Guys

This Wikipedia article may help.

Especially the part after "mosfet scaling" That's a hell of an article. Despite how Wiki gets maligned here, there is lots of great info to be found.

MOS gives smallest feature size/highest density/lowest power. MOS has fewer mask levels.

Last edited:
Wikipedia is as reliable as any other source, in my experience.

If the Op types in IC FABRICATION.....(Spelling is important). Results might just appear on Google.

Plenty choices there. Take you pick. Sigh. Again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back