Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'll be lucky if I can shut the d**n regen up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

Sorry for the title :lol:

But, I have one small problem with my regen.

1/2 the time, it just oscillates (screeches). 1/2 the screeching stops just by modifying the capacitor from base to ground in my regen detector (similar to Rick Andersons Superregen Receiver at **broken link removed**) and modifying the coupling capacitor connected to the regen's output.

I have a gut feeling that to make the regen work well, one capacitor must have a ridiculously large value, and the other one must have a ridiculously small value. I just can't figure out the optimal capacitor values.

The only other thing I will try is to make the base to ground capacitor ridiculously small and the coupling one ridiculously large.

Ridiculously large means over 1uF, and Ridiculously small means 470pF and under.

Since it screeches, your circuit obviously is not squegging.
Your changes to a squegging super-regen have converted into a continuously oscillating regen as explained by me in your other post. 8)

Hi mstechca,

Don't know if this will help,
i used to play round a lot with regen not super-regen,
and i found that i often had to artificially reduce the gain
of the regen transistor, this sometimes made the circuit less
likely to burst into oscillation, and also meant the tickler
could be a bit closer coupled. Didn't always work though.

Another thing i did quite often was to reduce the supply on
that stage, sometimes down to around a volt or so to get it
to behave how i wanted. That is not bursting into action.
That usually worked.

Best of luck with it, John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back