Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementation of a microcontrollercard in a robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgus

Implementation of a microcontrollercard in a rocket

Hi

I am a student from Østfold College, faculty of computer science, in Norway.
I am currently working on a project at Andøya (NAROM), where I am working with a "student rocket".
This is my main project and it is about exchanging an old PCM encodercard with a brand new microcontrollercard.
The intention with this, is to get more flexibility when it comes to sensors and their readings.

I have found many good microcontrollers, but my main problem is the size of the controllercard.
The microcontrollercard can not exceed 80x50x20mm...

The card need a minimum of 6 analog and 2 digital input channels for the sensors. It also needs two RS232-ports, one for the connection to the launcher and one for the sendercard.

I know this type of card may be hard to find (maybe impossible?), but is there any card you guys can recommend, meeting the physical requirements?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
I would suggest you probably need to make your own board, using a micro-controller - many PIC's would easily do what you want, and come in SM packages if you want really small, and PIC's have massive support on the Internet.

I have thought of making one myself, but the problem with that is that the rocket crashes in the ocean after each launch. If the project is a sucess, my solution is going to be used in every future launch of "student rockets" at NAROM(Norwegian Centre for Space-related Education).

For that reason, i would need a card i can buy a lot of...

Morgus said:
I have thought of making one myself, but the problem with that is that the rocket crashes in the ocean after each launch. If the project is a sucess, my solution is going to be used in every future launch of "student rockets" at NAROM(Norwegian Centre for Space-related Education).

For that reason, i would need a card i can buy a lot of...

Either make a load yourself, or have a load made then - obviously for such a project it would be a good idea to get the PCB's professionally made.

I don't have the time to make one myself now so I would like to rephrase my question: " Is there anyone out there that want to make a prototype for me?" :)

Here is a video from the rocket that the card would be used in:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back