Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

implementing POS term using NAND logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi :)

Please have a look on the attachment. I have implemented F using NAND gates; not sure if the implementation is correct, please check it. F is a POS term. Someone was saying that he has read somewhere that POS or SOP (not really sure and I didn't ask him) cannot be implemented using NAND gate logic. If he was referring to the POS, then that would mean my implementation is incorrect. Please help me with it. Thanks a lot.

With best wishes
PG

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 572
You implementation looks correct. The fact that NAND gates can form all the other basic gates then I think "Someone" is wrong.

Mike.

We need to remove these "someones" from the world since they seem to be giving out a lot of bad info.;)

PG1995,

Someone was saying that he has read somewhere that POS or SOP (not really sure and I didn't ask him) cannot be implemented using NAND gate logic.

I will say without qualification that any digital system can be implemented with only NAND gates, or its complement, only NOR gates. Those two are known as universal gates. The same is not true for AND or OR gates. No matter how much of a whiz you are at implementing logic gates, you cannot make a inverter with only AND or OR gates.

Ratch

Thank you, Mike, Carl, Ratch.

We need to remove these "someones" from the world since they seem to be giving out a lot of bad info.;)

I hope you aren't making reference to some particular "someones"! :)

Best regards
PG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back