Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inchworm ICD2 in 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having some fun with Sketchup 3D.

Attachments

• inchworm 3d.png
    inchworm 3d.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 412
mramos1 said:
Bill,

Did you ever get blue boards?

My partner in this project finally greenlighted (he's the owner of Creatron Inc a store in Toronto)

As for blue the problem appears it's single sided and I'm getting mixed answers on if my soldermask layer is useable. The first batch (200pcs) may only have a green soldermask on the bottom layer and tan (no soldermask) with silkscreening (white or black?) on top.

Should be ready in the first week of September. And one is coming each to a pair of very helpful Mikes on these forums. :)

Dr.EM said:
Very nice! How long does it take to model something like that?
I can model in Sketchup quite fast, about 4 hrs to make the parts and "populate" the board. With premade parts about 1.5hrs.

I've drawn tons of stuff in the four years I've been using sketchup.

Attached is a 3D house on top of a Linux (Clarkconnect) based HA / AV server (yes I use one) my site runs on it, and I'm learning PERL to allow all these chatting thermostats to use it as a gateway. Drawing that took about a day.

PS Google Earth uses sketchup for the 3D buildings.

Attachments

• 3dhouse.png
    3dhouse.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back