increase torrent download speed plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use torrents to download legit stuff, like Linux distros. One time I downloaded 700 MB of sheet music (oh, what bliss!).

Anyways, I've never had a speed problem. If the speed dies I just reset my router. (anyone have a good router that's NOT a Linksys? Ours likes to just stop working at least once a week).

I use BitComet, it has a random port button. Good luck; I know I didn't help at all, but I've never had a problem. Try finding a different torrent for the same file?

theinfamousbob said:
Anyways, I've never had a speed problem. If the speed dies I just reset my router. (anyone have a good router that's NOT a Linksys? Ours likes to just stop working at least once a week).

Oh! So it is not just me? Well, at least yours only dies once a week... mine croaks every couple of hours! That freaking router cost me $50 on ebay, and it is CRAP.

I think i solved my speed problem. I enabled encryption last night, and my speeds jumped a little. Now it is hovering around 15KB/s download, instead of the 7-9KB/s download...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…