Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing accelerometer to ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

I would like to use the internal ADC module of a MSP430F5438 MCU in order to measure the voltage outputs of a Model 832M1 accelerometer (you can find the datasheet attached). What I want to ask is this: Do I need to use output buffers for the output signals of the sensor, before driving them to the ADC? Or can I directly connect them to the ADC? I can see that the output impedance of the accelerometer is below 100Ω but the input impedance of the ADC varies between 10Ω and 1.9kΩ... Will this create any problems at the measurement's accuracy?

Attachments

• 832M1.pdf
    94.2 KB · Views: 335
Interface

You should be able to interface directly ok but i wonder about the 12.5 mv per g output. Unless you have lots of g's that's not much room for an a to d. Also wonder how fast your shock events are. In other words, is the u fast enough to catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back