Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnD3aD

hi
i want to make a IR serial adapter to connect my phone to computer. Can you give me a scheme or some help? Thanx

Just buy an USB one for about 5 to 10 dolars.

Anyway its way beter to use can USB cable becose it can transfar files WWWAAAYYY faster.

I can transfer over USB an MP3 in the time my frend gets transfers an picture over IR.

How do you connect USB to your cell phone?
Mine has IR but doesn't have a way to connect USB.

Most phones have that wide conector on the botom whith a lot of pins.Thats where the USB cable goes in

I have an tiny SCART shaped conector whith 4 pins That is used to conect the USB directly whith no circuits betwen.It also charges over that conector(It aslo charges over USBs 5V line)

I got the USB cable whith the phone.

I also have IR(But no bluetooth)

My frend also has an Motorola that has bouth the USB conecotr and the wide conecotr on the botom.

Its a headace tranfering stuff over IR.Sunlight messes whith it.It somtines dosent want to work,It takes forever to transfer an MP3(It takes about 2-3 minutes while i get it in 10 seconds over USB)

Hi Someone Electro,
I looked on the web for accessories for my cell phone. They want $50.00US for a cable to connect it to my PC. I'll try IR first for free. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back