Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i have a TSOP1736 IR demodulator, 36Khz.
i need to make a circuit for modulating and sending inormation. i have some IR emitter leds.
what i need is to create a serial comunication from one PIC to another.
any simple solution?
i will eventually replace the IR link with a radio one.
thanks in advance

bogdanfirst said:
i have a TSOP1736 IR demodulator, 36Khz.
i need to make a circuit for modulating and sending inormation. i have some IR emitter leds.
what i need is to create a serial comunication from one PIC to another.
any simple solution?
i will eventually replace the IR link with a radio one.
thanks in advance

Have a look at my PIC tutorials, I have one on IR remote control, it's very easily changed to send 8 bit data.

well, what i want is to have a transmitter with an input for digital, and a receiver with the output for digital. and i need to build a transmitter....wich will modulate for 36KHz....
so i'll need like a 36Khz oscilator wich will be turned on or off depending on what input i have?

bogdanfirst said:
well, what i want is to have a transmitter with an input for digital, and a receiver with the output for digital. and i need to build a transmitter....wich will modulate for 36KHz....
so i'll need like a 36Khz oscilator wich will be turned on or off depending on what input i have?

You can just generate it directly in software, it's very easy to do, so your transmitter uses one PIC, and your receiver another one.

but i already have the pic programmed. it's an OTP....and it is not mine.
anyway..thanks for your help. i think that i will just wait for the radio modules to arrive and use them directly. thanks.

bogdanfirst said:
but i already have the pic programmed. it's an OTP....and it is not mine.
anyway..thanks for your help. i think that i will just wait for the radio modules to arrive and use them directly. thanks.

Right, you'd not mentioned that before!.

DEMODULATOR HELP!!

Can anyone PLEAASSEEEEE help me with a demodulator circuit. I am designing an Infrared receiver with a carrier frequency of 36Khz. I have first amplified the signal then I added a band-pass filter. Now I need to add in the demodulation stage.
If anyone of you could help me with the VHDL code for the demodulation stage, that would be great :) I am planning to add the circuit as well as the VHDL code (for demodulation).

The general idea behind my receiver can be found at this URL:
**broken link removed** [The receiver]

Thank you
ro

Re: DEMODULATOR HELP!!

PoniesArePretty said:
Can anyone PLEAASSEEEEE help me with a demodulator circuit. I am designing an Infrared receiver with a carrier frequency of 36Khz. I have first amplified the signal then I added a band-pass filter. Now I need to add in the demodulation stage.
If anyone of you could help me with the VHDL code for the demodulation stage, that would be great :) I am planning to add the circuit as well as the VHDL code (for demodulation).

Why reinvent the wheel?, IR receiver IC's are freely available and extremely effective - a single IC with three pins that outputs a demodulated signal on one of the pins.

It's extremely doubtful you could match the performance of these devices, in particular instability is a massive problem with the huge gains required for a descrete solution.

As for VHDL code, you are probably looking at a PLL detector circuit - can you do that in VHDL?.

DEMODULATOR

Thanx for replying back... It is actually a project that we are expected to do (otherwise I wouldnt have tried to make it myself.. using a chip is way easier..) neways so the project is to make an IR communication system.. my part is to make the receiver transmitter.. I realised (after a lotta browsing..) that there are about 6 stages to making the receiver.. i have finished the first two.. being the receiving stage.. then amplifying and then thew band-pass filter stage.. now i need a demodulator.. and then i am gunna add in da comparator stage.. .. if u need more background to this project .. u can go to ..
**broken link removed**

thanx

Re: DEMODULATOR

PoniesArePretty said:
Thanx for replying back... It is actually a project that we are expected to do (otherwise I wouldnt have tried to make it myself.. using a chip is way easier..) neways so the project is to make an IR communication system.. my part is to make the receiver transmitter.. I realised (after a lotta browsing..) that there are about 6 stages to making the receiver.. i have finished the first two.. being the receiving stage.. then amplifying and then thew band-pass filter stage.. now i need a demodulator.. and then i am gunna add in da comparator stage.. .. if u need more background to this project .. u can go to ..
**broken link removed**

Right, so it's not intended as a practical project, just a low tech college example!.

An AM demodulator just needs a diode and a capacitor (a half wave rectifier), but a better way for this application is to use a PLL, something like an NE567 tone detector PLL, the output pin toggles as it receives it's tuned frequency. This makes it very simple to implement a sensitive 36KHz detector, and provides a direct logic output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back