Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IrSensor Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagzviruz

Hello every one .. I just had this goofy idea to design an IRSensor for reflecting surface ..Have put together this ckt .. in theory only ..I putting this up .. so u can look it up ..and tell me if it can work ... You see I am still a newbie a this ..

I am putting the resistors R1 R2 and R3 at 270ohms and the Variable at 1k.. Plz look it up and tell me guys .. I am desperately looking for a small cheap IR solution for sensing an obstacle ...

Attachments

• IrSchema.GIF
    IrSchema.GIF
    16.6 KB · Views: 134
hi akg .. so can this idea work if I effectively neglect ambient Ir by shielding and properly adjusting the variable resistor ?

There is no such thing as an IR detector LED. An LED gives an extremely small output when it receives IR radiation.

You need to design the circuit for the output of a certain photo-diode or photo-transistor. IR ones have a black case to block most visible light.

The output of a comparator doesn't have anything to make its output go high. Its output is the open collector of an NPN transistor that goes to ground when it is activated. So your indicator LED won't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back