IrSensor Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagzviruz

Hello every one .. I just had this goofy idea to design an IRSensor for reflecting surface ..Have put together this ckt .. in theory only ..I putting this up .. so u can look it up ..and tell me if it can work ... You see I am still a newbie a this ..

I am putting the resistors R1 R2 and R3 at 270ohms and the Variable at 1k.. Plz look it up and tell me guys .. I am desperately looking for a small cheap IR solution for sensing an obstacle ...

Attachments

• IrSchema.GIF
    16.6 KB · Views: 134
the ambient IR will cause malfunction , use modulated IR , with bandpass/tuned filter/pll .

hi akg .. so can this idea work if I effectively neglect ambient Ir by shielding and properly adjusting the variable resistor ?

there are ir sensor ckt in this forum itself..you may refer that for details .

There is no such thing as an IR detector LED. An LED gives an extremely small output when it receives IR radiation.

You need to design the circuit for the output of a certain photo-diode or photo-transistor. IR ones have a black case to block most visible light.

The output of a comparator doesn't have anything to make its output go high. Its output is the open collector of an NPN transistor that goes to ground when it is activated. So your indicator LED won't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…