Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to convert SGL8022W touch switch to momentary switch?

All modes of SGL8022W are toggle mode, ie every time you need a touch to switch off or on.
Is there a way to make it into a momentary switch, where default is off and on touch it fades in and it fades out when touch is removed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716-143146~2.png
    Screenshot_20240716-143146~2.png
    642.1 KB · Views: 7
That IC only has a limited range of options, that are fixed settings.

Hypothetically, an external circuit could be added so if the light was on at all, it simulated a continuous touch input so it ramped up & down until it got back to zero and the extra circuit shut off.

Without knowing the exact sense system used in that IC (its not in the data sheet) I cannot suggest a circuit.

The SGL8022W appears to be designed to control an LED, On and Off and varying brightness.
I don't think that can be used as a momentary switch.

However, the SGL8022K is a two channel touch switch.
Reading the datasheet with the help of Google Translate (the datasheet I found is written in Chinese, I do not speak Chinese), it seems that the SGL8022K will work as you require.

JimB

The SGL8022W appears to be designed to control an LED, On and Off and varying brightness.
I don't think that can be used as a momentary switch.

However, the SGL8022K is a two channel touch switch.
Reading the datasheet with the help of Google Translate (the datasheet I found is written in Chinese, I do not speak Chinese), it seems that the SGL8022K will work as you require.

JimB
Thanks JimB, I'll read up on SGL8022k as well and see if it works

Latest threads

Back