Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I've read 'sticky'.. ICD2 programmer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all..

i am thinking of making ICD2 inchworm by myself..

i hope if i can get the circuit diagram by myself...

i've read the sticky.. but i got nothing...

i hope.. i may be helped...

regards,

simran..:)

sorry...

i am sorry...

i liked that and without asking from you i should not do that...:eek:

i'll change now...

Please suggest me the new one similar to that...:)

Last edited:
one more question..

How does ICD (In Circuit Debugger) works?

Also the difference between: Programmer vs. Debugger..

Regards,

simran:)

The programmer mode simply programs, reads or erases the PIC including EEPROM & Config fuses.
The debugger uses special hardware found in many but not all PICs that will let you set breakpoints (stops) and single step through you program. You can view/modify SFRs and RAM. The ICD2 will install a small program in the last 1/4K of Flash memory and often use a byte or two of RAM.
IMHO it's an incredible tool.
Debuggers are becoming standard features in many microcontrollers.

WoW..

That's good.. i think programmers will soon bacome things of the past .. Had the ICD is the ultimate product.. should be recognised by microchip...

Simran..:)

Thanks Bill..

I think i'll have to make thorough study of things that are used with PIC along with this microcontroller...

till then

Thanks Bill..

regards,

simran:)

simrantogether said:
That's good.. i think programmers will soon bacome things of the past .. Had the ICD is the ultimate product.. should be recognised by microchip...

The ICD2 is a MicroChip product!.

But as MicroChip provide full circuit diagrams and the software for it, it's fairly easy (and much cheaper) to make a compatible clone - like the Inchworm and Inchworm+.

thanks once again...

Nigel Goodwin said:
The ICD2 is a MicroChip product!.

But as MicroChip provide full circuit diagrams and the software for it, it's fairly easy (and much cheaper) to make a compatible clone - like the Inchworm and Inchworm+.

well.. so much of things are available by microchip.. that's a good thing...

i feel.. i've to put much emphasis on research work of these things because.. it is one of the imortant things to work with...

Thanks..

regards,

simran...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back