Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

jvc lt40c550 washed out flashing screen not backlight

antonlearns

so i bought this TV to use for a microscope monitor knowing it had the fault (that's the fun part the screen is faded you can just about see the image and some time it flashes black the led back light is fine, iv got 12v and 5v with no ripple at the tcon/driver board. iv seen post suggesting the main psu is at fault but i doubt that as the tv boots fine my money is either the main board ie needing a reball as the data lines are failed mor more likely something on the driver/tcon board any suggestions or advice would be great.

I usually work on audio equipment, so this is new territory for me.

Thanks in advance

Do you know what make the TV is?, prior to Currys taking over the name they were often Vestel sets, but I've no idea where Currys are buying them from?. Vestel boards are actually labelled Vestel, so make it easy to spot.

However, by far the biggest problem with LCD sets is the LCD panel assembly, which includes the back lights and T-CON.

What you really need is a working set, so you can swap the boards over to determine where the fault lies.

yeah is pretty hard to see the components on the combined tcon/lcd board as i cant remove it im going to go over the test points tomorrow but i think i probe the ldvs cable as well and as long as i see a signal on each pin ill be pretty confident the main board is doing the right thing (unless isnt sending garbage) it only cost me 1.20 so i can always replace the main board and see what happens. at least ill learn something.

Thanks for the responce

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back