Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ladder Network For Dac

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_ECE

Can You Give Me Idea!!!! What Is The Principle Of Resistor Ladder Network? What Is The Purpose Of 2r And R In The Circuit?thanks All

The R-2R ladder network in a DAC generates a binary sequence of output current. Each ladder element pair is switched in or out by it's associated control bit so the total output current is the sum of the binary control input word.

Last edited:
Crutschow: AND_ECE is pretty hopeless, just ask blueroomelectronics. We joke about his burgular alarm almost anytime he is on. He is a 4TH YEAR EE STUDENT...

just look at his recent posts too with incredably bad spelling.

Have you ever heard the saying:
"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

Krumlink said:
just look at his recent posts too with incredably bad spelling.

Krumlink said:
Is your burgular alarm working?

Krumlink said:
AND_ECE is pretty hopeless, just ask blueroomelectronics. We joke about his burgular alarm almost anytime he is on. He is a 4TH YEAR EE STUDENT

Interesting for someone who is repeatedly commenting about respect for fellow contributors to the forum.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I just could not let this pass without comment.

JimB

Krumlink said:
Is your burgular alarm working?
YES!!! OF COURSE A TRANSISTORIES BUGLAR ALARM!!THANKS TO YOU.....
WHY? SOMETHING WRONG? IAM HERE TO ASK QUESTION AND GET IDEA FROM PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!LIKE YOU....CAN YOU GIVE ME IDEA! WHAT IS MEAN THE FUNCTION OR PURPOSE OF 2R AND R IN THE LADDER CIRCUIT SPECIAL USE IN DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTER!! PLEASE? OR THE PRINCIPLE OF THE LADDER CIRCUIT

crutschow said:
The R-2R ladder network in a DAC generates a binary sequence of output current. Each ladder is switched in or out by it's associated control bit so the total output current is the sum of the binary control input word.

BUT WHY IT IS CALLED LADDER?

AND_ECE said:
:mad:
SO EXAMPLE...IF IT IS LOOK LIKE A WINDOW, SO THEREFORE IT IS ALSO CALLED WINDOW NETWORK??? IS THERE ANY EXPLANATION!!I ASSUME THAT U KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT A LADDER NETWORK BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT YOU WOULD GIVE ME A ANSWER THAT COULD SATISFY ME.

hi AND_ECE,

No need to shout.:)

Bill is correct about it being called a 'ladder network', it got that name because it really does look like a ladder.

In lots of electronic circuits people give them strange names.

A further explanation: A ladder network consists of pairs of resistors with one resistor twice the value of the other, thus the R-2R designation. There is one pair for each bit of resolution in the DAC. Typically when the network schematic is drawn for all the bits it has a regular pattern that resembles a ladder. Thus some engineer in the distant past named it a ladder network.

So why are you named AND_ECE?

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
But does a Pi network look like pie :)
Well, no. But it does look like Pi.GIF. And a T network looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back