Ladybug new design 18F2525 PLC first looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the layout (sorry it's lores here, I'll post a full size on my site asap)

I want to remove the crystal on the 18F2525 *you can calibrate it with the DS1306 32KHz
I even considered using a 7.3728MHz oscillator and the /4 to drive the MAX3110E at 1.8MHz but I'd rather use less crystals than more... SO What shall I do with the 2 I/O pins RA6 & RA7?
This Firefly can work standalone as a PLC or a good way to test your C skills as the 18F is better suited for C than a 16F PIC.

The PCB will be another 107x57mm for fitting in a Hammond enclosure.
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• LadyBug 18F2525.pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Maybe IR to control the relays from a standard TV remote as well as the RS232? Or a couple bottons/switched to override what it is controlling locally?

It's designed to be remote, rarely near an IR. It did occur to me to remove the DS1306 and use a cheaper I2C DS1307 on RA6,7. It would be a software I2C but in the long run probably eaiser to use if you're not switching the MAX3110E. It still frees up a pin lol.
Also an I2C I could throw a 24C256 at it.
Hmmm.... Now just one I/O pin.

Watch the schematic change...

I know it is a remote unit. My thought was to control it if you were near it. I thought IR in a home or just botton(s) to control it in a commercial environment. You can do a lot with 2 pins.

I like the 24C256 idea too. Logs are good.

IR or two monentary switched to change it. IR was because I am just lazy.

Will check it out. After shopping will start playing with the firefly.

Start up a small shell program for simple projects. Not sure it I will do ASM yet or Mikrobasic. I will see what you and Pommie have posted and deceide from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…