Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Activated Relay Board for a motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benj.1

I am an architect student and currently looking into ground vibrations.
I am using a device called a geophone which picks up ground vibrations i the ground and turns into a voltage. I want that voltage to trigger a motor when ever there are vibrations in the ground. I have tried connecting the geophone to the 12v motor via a LED Activated Relay Board. (and a 9v battery)
The relay is triggered when a signal of over +1.4Vdc is applied to the input and turns off when the voltage falls to zero. It has a relay output capable of handling 250Vac/1A.

Aut the the voltage produced is too small, roughly 0.8v. How can i get this to work!

Any help, comment would very much appreciated.

A freewheel diode is also known as a flyback diode.

The current in a coil, such as a relay coil, can't stop instantly. If you try, you get big voltages which damage things. So you add a freewheel diode in parallel with the coil. This does nothing until the switch or transistor turns off. It then provides a current path and the coil current slows down over usually 0.1 - 1 second without any big voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back