LED is not flashing using 555

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
It could be any number of problems, eg:
The 100uF polarity is reversed.
The 555 is incorrectly wired, etc

Please post a clear picture of the project so that we can check your connections.

You may need more than 4.5 volts supply, thats right at the min spec. Try 5 volts.

Attachments

• 376439_2292118057574_1087701578_32038465_1503560767_n.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I have simulated the original circuit and it works like a charm.

Check your pin count. Something is very wrong with it.

IC pin count starts at pin1. Left hand bottom pin and follows to the max pin number in an anticlockwise pattern.

So if pin1 is at left hand bottom pin8 must be at left hand top.

You obviously fried your chip. Time to use another one and do it right this time.

Boncuk

Looks like the pins on the right hand side are wired upside down. Power should go to pin 8 not 5. You should put a cap on pin 5.
Andy

hi,
Try this very simple layout, as I said earlier the 555 maybe faulty.!

Attachments

• Image1.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 164
Oh god. Thank you Eric and Boncuk. I were wrong in pin Count. I'm very beginner to Electronics, Thank you Eric for the Circuit...

Thank god. My IC is not damaged. Maybe I gave only 3V for wrong connection. Thank you Eric, The circuit you gave i used. It's working. I happily finished my first project... Huhuhu...!

Alas, he was unable to witness the true power of the magic smoke, but I am glad he got the circuit working

Last edited:
Hey guys, I found one thing, I did Monostable from 555 and I just touch the Triger, it turns on the LED, I continuesly touch the Trigger what a magic..! The monostable working as astable, LED is blinking, how's it possible...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…