Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED is not flashing using 555

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
Try this very simple layout, as I said earlier the 555 maybe faulty.!

eric, i built the circuit you drew,but why is the LED keep staying ON? i mean it blinks but it keep staying and turns off for a second and on again.., i thought it would stay off and turn on after a limited time(as capacitor value).. U got what i meant?

eric, i built the circuit you drew,but why is the LED keep staying ON? i mean it blinks but it keep staying and turns off for a second and on again.., i thought it would stay off and turn on after a limited time(as capacitor value).. U got what i meant?

hi Z,
Its an Astable [oscillator] so it will flash On/Off at a slow rate.. the 10K/1K and 100uF set the ON and OFF periods, 10 times longer ON than OFF [ approx]

Ya, how's it happening.? By this, we can do touch sensor I think...

Yes, you can trigger a 555 timer simply by touching pin 2. Here is a touch sensor circuit for the 555. The timer is wired as a one-shot (monostable), and the value of the capacitor and resistor control how long the output stays on after you let go:

**broken link removed**

You can also add another 555 timer to make a bistable switch, which keeps the output on indefinitely when you touch the trigger and then let go:

bistable_touch_switch.JPG

Also, if you want a touch-on-touch-off, you can add in a 7474 flip-flop:

555-7474_Touch_On-Off.png

If you're interested in making a touch switch, here are a few ideas to go on.

I hope this helps!
Regards,
Der Strom

EDIT: In these circuits, it also couldn't hurt to have a pull-up resistor connected to pin 2 as well. This will prevent false triggering. 100K-500K should be good, but feel free to experiment a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back