Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linking Hard Drives for RAID... this forum ok for computer stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainate

Hey all,

First of all I hope none of you get mad at me for posting about computer stuff. I'm not a part of any computer related forums and I figure if you brainiacs can't help me then no one can!

I have two identical HDD's and enclosures. They have USB 2.0 and SATA ports. I was hoping to link them via SATA so I can only use one USB port on my computer. Do you know if this is possible? These are the enclosures I have.

You can via SATA. You must have a RAID controller, either motherboard capable or SATA card with RAID capability.

I assume you mean eSATA for external enclosure.

Just get a USB hub...no point linking two HDs together with SATA only to connect to the PC through the much much slower USB. It'd be like giving a turtle running shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back