Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM339 Sink to Source Converter???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

I am building a secret project, codename: KAPTR v1.0, and The Comparator in it can only sink current, not source it, so therefore I need to figure out in order to get the H Bridge working for it how to convert the Sink (negative output) into source (positive output), essentially I need to invert the negative signal. Do you have any ideas on how I can approach that? I was thinking of using a PNP Transistor on the LM339 outputs and have that output a Positive signal, but would that work if I then used that as a positive output? :confused::confused::confused:

Krumlink said:
I am building a secret project, codename: KAPTR v1.0, and The Comparator in it can only sink current, not source it, so therefore I need to figure out in order to get the H Bridge working for it how to convert the Sink (negative output) into source (positive output), essentially I need to invert the negative signal. Do you have any ideas on how I can approach that? I was thinking of using a PNP Transistor on the LM339 outputs and have that output a Positive signal, but would that work if I then used that as a positive output? :confused::confused::confused:

Yes. The open collector output stage of the LM339 can be used to turn on a PNP stage. Current flows from the supply to the emitter to the collector to the motor. The base needs to be pulled up to the motor supply and a limiting resistor from the base to the LM339 output will set the maximum current through the motor.

Thanks a lot, was testing it and I put one on there for testing, and It works great. Thanks a lot. I just have to mount a few boards and I will post more soon :D

Well then it would make the H bridge (that I am using) stall, because it would turn the high side and low side on at the same time, causing a stall and a short circuit, a easy way to destroy it :)

Krumlink said:
Well then it would make the H bridge (that I am using) stall, because it would turn the high side and low side on at the same time, causing a stall and a short circuit, a easy way to destroy it :)

So your H-Bridge is badly designed as well?.

No, it was intended for a single input at any one moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back