LM3914 Temperature Sensor LM62 help please

k11m08

hi, i need some help with the circuit diagram. We have to make a PCB for the LM3914 with the temperaturesensor LM62. Now i need some help for the circuit diagram. Our Vcc(Vsource) is 5V and we want the whole temperaturerange of the Sensor 0-90°C. The LM 62 has an offset of 480mV at 0°C and rises with 15,6mV/°C. Can someone please send me a picture of the circuit diagram with all the values. We also have to connect a potentiometer to make some fine adjustments. I really need some help because I don't know how to connect those reference Pins with the resistors and how to calculate the resistors.

This might help :

Basically you have a range out of the LM62, so the 3914 must have that range setup
into it, dividers and offset.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Have you read Danadak’s web page that was sent to you?

Hmmm…. I guess not.
Yes i have read it. But i still don‘t know how i have to connect Pin 7 (REFout), Pin 8 (REFadj), Pin 6 (Rhi), Pin 5 (Sig) and Pin 4 (Rlo). My problem is that i don‘t know how to do it with the 480mV offset. Do i need 3 resistors know? And how do i calculate the resistors? I made a circuit diagram and connected Pin 7 —> R1 —> Pin 8, Pin 8–> Pin 6, Pin 6–>R2–> Pin 4, Pin 4–> R3–> Ground, Pin 5 —> Sensor Signal. Are the resistor values and corcuit diagram correct? I have also sent you a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_6474.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…