Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LMD18200T question !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inferno said:
hello guys...
in the LMD18200T(https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/9136/NSC/LMD18200T/datasheet.pdf) there is one input for the direction of the rotation....so if I choose not to use the PWM and Brake options..( they show in the datasheet how to cancel them ) would be the single direction input enough to drive the h-bridge inside the IC ?? and ...another thing i dont understand... the current sensing pin .. what is it for ??

ANS #1) Yes, tie PWM high and Brake low and you can operate Bridge with just the direction input. See the truth table on Page 6 of datasheet

ANS #2) The current sense output is for measuring current flowing through the bridge. Datasheet says 377uA/A so if the bridge is sourcing & sinking 2A then this output will source 754uA. This is useful if you want to put an upper limit on how much current can be sourced (think fault conditions). I imagine you can run this output into a scaling resistor to ground to convert it to a voltage output. Then some comparator circuit can set a threshold to shut down the drive if a fault condition lasts for too long. It is a protection feature.. if you dont want to use it, leave that pin open-circuit. But providing fault protection for your bridge is a good idea. Ignore at your own risk.

aha i see....thanks for the reply... :)
i am not using the IC in any circuit.. i was just searching for h-bridges ICs and i found they are all the same like the LMD18200 with these features.. i just wanted to know more about it ...
thank you a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back