looking for a 6v motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOM01974

hiya all can anyone tell me what sort of 6v motor to use it needs to have a good amount of torque to pull a small wooden door open using some string has to be 6v i dont have good knowledge on motors so some help would be appreciated

Last edited:
good amount of torque
This is not a value that can be engineered for.

How heavy is the door, what is the distance it needs to travel and the required speed, and how much mechanical advantage to the string/pulley system provide? Approximate if you have to, but there is not enough information currently to provide suggestions.

yes the door is 6x8 inches, just under 1 kg the motor will sit 9 inchs away from door no pullys direct to motor

Take a look on ebay at dc gear motors. You will find some nice little ones for about $10.

Look on ebay for 6x8 inch automatic hen door with 6v motor for $10.00
Alternatively get an old printer and use the 5 pole high-torque percision motor to open and close your hen door. That's what I use.

Last edited:
Real old printers, ie 1970's. I stripped a couple and got some nice DC motors with servo encoders. But from 1980's onward they pretty much all use stepper motors.

found a small motor with a gearbox out of a robot one of my kids old toys tested it lifts 3-4 kilo so its perfect now i need to find a timer iv seen a Immersion Timer for 240v its a mechanical one not sure if it will run 6v any idea's ???

Last edited:
For a timer you could use a cheapo alarm clock. Use the beeper voltage to trigger a motor-driver circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…