Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lowering voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

escin

i need to lower down the voltage from my battery its, 9v 100mah to 6v 700mah..i need to know the value of the resistor that suitable

Escin-Suggest using a fixed voltage regulator such as LM7806.

Your battery is 9V-100 mah....but you want to bring it down to 6V-700mah????...Reducing voltage is possible but increasing battery capacity is not possible according to my understanding

DC-to-DC conversion always come with significant losses, and using resistors are the most primitive (and useless IMO) way to do it. You'll either burn your resistor, have an unstable (and potentially dangerous) voltage rail.
Use either a regulator or at least a zener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back