Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT1014 as Voltage follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavjayt

Found the reason, no need to reply. That is due to running at single supply voltage without conencting ground to V-.
Great if someone could delere this post, I was not able to do that.

Hello,

I am trying to use LT1014 as a voltage follower for 4 channels. I put it together on a breadboard and started testing on channel 1 (pins 1[Out],2[I i/p],3[NI i/p]). Using a dual 5VDC supply, a voltage signal input of 690mV on pin.3 and shorted pin.1&2, the output voltage is at 1.28V. It doesnt make sense to me as being a voltage follower I expect it to have 690mV at the output.

Am I getting it wrong or is there something that I am not doing properly?

thanks.

Last edited:
Check the supply voltages; also that there is no partial short anywhere. Simulation shows that ~140Ω between +5 and the inverting input would give ~1.28V output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back