Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LZ-12 Relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless1

Hi all,

What exactly is an LZ-12 relay? or more importantly..... What is the definition of the LZ-12?

I can't seem to find it anywhere....

:confused:

No idea!

A quick google search found some level transmitters/switches.

Please provide a bit more information and some context for this "LZ-12" and we may be able to help you.

JimB

Well, the entire security industry here uses it for their circuits. I've attached a data sheet on one manufacturer's " LZ12" relay....but I still have no idea why the entire industry refers to it as an LZ 12...

Attachments

• _____-T72.pdf
    159.7 KB · Views: 418
Nameless1 said:
Well, the entire security industry here uses it for their circuits. I've attached a data sheet on one manufacturer's " LZ12" relay....but I still have no idea why the entire industry refers to it as an LZ 12...

hi,
Is this any help.

**broken link removed**

Where in SA are you?

so its just a name?....a type of relay?...no specific meaning?

Sandton, Johannesburg

The data sheet which Eric shows in his link is significantly different from that shown in the link from the OP.

This sounds to me like a case of "industry speak" where the article referred to has drifted away from the original definition.

JimB

JimB said:
The data sheet which Eric shows in his link is significantly different from that shown in the link from the OP.

This sounds to me like a case of "industry speak" where the article referred to has drifted away from the original definition.

JimB

GoodDay Jim,
I think that the OP's link is not a LZ type??
The closest I could come, was the LZ series is said to be Pb free.

Is LZ == Lead Zero....:rolleyes:

Regards

hmmm.....i will confirm on monday if the data sheet i supplied is the correct one....
but I do suspect that it might be "Industry speak" as well...altho I havent been in this industry for that long either lol

I must confess that relays is one of my weak points

OK....hope everyone had a good weekend... :)

spoke to one of our engineers and he said that Fujitsu first came out with this type of relay and called it the LZ12. Everyone that came out with a relay afterwards of the same type just copied that name....

"industry speak"

dang! I was hoping for a more complex explanation. It just shows, sometimes the answers aren't complicated and we look for the more complex solutions first....much like component level fault finding. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back