Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M267 shure mixer XLR Bal input to stereo output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

So, do I wire the connectors 1/4" Tip to XLR 2 and 1/4" Ring to XLR 3 on one input or wire 1/4" stereo to 2 separate un-balaced XLR's and use two inputs ? I have enough inputs.

I just don't know if the Shure M267 Mixer will be able to take the sound in on one input.

The Schematic is on Page 7 of the Manual.

Shure Manual and Schematic

If you connect unbalanced left and right inputs to a single balanced XLR input then the channels will be out-of-phase. Then mono signals (usually vocals) will be cancelled.
Use an input of the mixer for each stereo channel. Pin 2 for the signal and pin 3 for the input's ground.

Are you trying to convert a balanced output to an unbalanced output? If so, the proper way to do that is via an isolation transformer with a center tapped primary or use an op amp circuit with differential inputs. Use a dual polarity power supply to power the op amp so you can DC couple it for greatest pass bandwidth.

Last edited:
If you connect unbalanced left and right inputs to a single balanced XLR input then the channels will be out-of-phase. Then mono signals (usually vocals) will be cancelled.
Use an input of the mixer for each stereo channel. Pin 2 for the signal and pin 3 for the input's ground.

Thanks for taking a look, guru.

Exactly what I'm after. I had a feeling one channel wasn't going to work.

Jon wilder said:
Are you trying to convert a balanced output to an unbalanced output?

Thank you, Jon for your response. I'm glad to know how to unbalance properly. I'm faced with these problems daily.

Thank you, Jon for your response. I'm glad to know how to unbalance properly. I'm faced with these problems daily.

Another even simpler way to do it is to take an XLR and a 1/4" mono connector and connect -

XLR Pin 1 - No connection
XLR Pin 2 - 1/4" Tip
XLR Pin 3 - 1/4" Sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back