Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magic of Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emantra

Did any one of u had seen this magic in windows. I recevied this email from one of my fren... n I am sharing this magic to you guys... I've tried it n yes they r the magic of window... trust me ;)

MAGIC #1

An Indian discovered that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the

computer which can be named as "CON". This is something pretty

cool...and unbelievable... At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer

why this happened!

TRY IT NOW ,IT WILL NOT CREATE " CON " FOLDER

MAGIC #2

For those of you using Windows, do the following:

1.) Open an empty notepad file

2.) Type - Bush hid the facts (without the quotes)

3.) Save it as whatever you want.

4.) Close it, and re-open it.

is it just a really weird bug? :-??

MAGIC #3

microsoft crazy facts

This is something pretty cool and neat...and unbelievable... At

Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this

happened!

It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself...

Open Microsoft Word and type

=rand (200, 99)

And then press ENTER.. And see the magic..

In Word, the resulting 235 pages of "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." caused my pc's fan to speed up for a moment.

nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the computer which can be named as "CON".
This is because CON is a reserved word dating back from the days of DOS. It stands for CONSOLE which is the keyboard and monitor. PRN (printer) COM1, COM2, etc won't work either because they too are reserved words. No mystery there.
Type - Bush hid the facts (without the quotes)
Must be fixed in the XP version of notepad.
=rand (200, 99)
Another Easter Egg hidden by a bored M$ programmer. ;)

You can't create a folder called con as it is an existing device i.e. the CONsole. It's a bit like trying to create a folder called c: or com1.

Mike.

the "bush hid the facts" thing occurs with many other patterns of words that are of similar length and composition, it's a bug that causes notepad to interpret ascii text incorrectly as unicode text, if the file is saved as unicode instead of ascii text it will save properly. The error only occurs in XP because 95/98/ME version of notepad don't support unicode. The explanation for the con one seems pretty well covered and the =rand (200,99) is just test code for word that was never removed.

Dangerous, Bosses-- sometimes we won't be able to normalise our computers from these gimmics.

The Bush Hid The Facts thing has been around for awhile.
**broken link removed**

As said before you can't save a file as CON as it's an MS-DOS device, neither can you save a file called PRN, NUL or AUX, they are all DOS devices.

rand=(L,n)

L= number of lines (max 200)
n= repetitions per line (max 99)

=Rand(1,1) gives 1 line
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

rand(3,2) gives 3 lines with 2 per line:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back