Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Make Lights Flash to Music Circuit Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 - 32 VDC is the input side of the SSR. For a 12 volt system the output side would need to be DC rated as well not AC rated output otherwise it will not work.

To get your light bars and whatever else to flicker and strobe with the music you do not need to use a bridge rectifier for the input.

Just connect it directly to the amps output through the 10K potentiometer. It will feed half wave AC to the input with will give your lights a much stronger flickering and strobing effect as well.

Hello Hero 99 Back in the 70's I made up 2 Light Boxes that used Red Green Blue xmas lights .... I made the box ... staggered the lights in distance so 1 distance was on back board .. next was 4in offset and last distance was 8in offset .. had this placed behind special star pattern plexglass which gave star affect when the light blinked on 3 channels set up bass midrange high ... only problem I have now is I cannot remember exactly how i did this and want to make one for my grand-daughter
Every seems to want to use LEDs and have it hooked up to their computers or stereos and are worried about hurting the units the lights are hooked up to. You mentioned here exactly what I had done back in the 70s .... use of a microphone or pickup .... no connection needed to equiptment .. safe and activates to surrounding music and sounds from speakers.
Hero99 ..... you mentioned and showed a circuit that does not have to be directly connected to the output of the stereo ... this is the way I want to go again .. simple safe and very portable I cannot remember what I used as a pickup/microphone .. but do remember I had resistors set up on 3 channels RED- Bass Green- Mid BLUE- high ... ( would like now to incorporate 3 variable resisters to do this is there is such a resister that would do this - raise or lower when lights turn on and off with Bass-Mid-high )
Would appreciate it very much if you were able to get back to me on the Microphone aspect of this and actualy what it is that you would suggest
Thank you Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back