Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

marx generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

I have been searching the web but to no avail. I am looking for a quick and dirty marx generator schematic with the voltage supply, and also i am looking for a site that has the uber high voltage rating caps. thx for helping if you have any help at all:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

I am having trouble understanding some of the symbols and the schematic, can you help me?

aka the power supply and the left part

Also, where can get this stuff!

basically all it is is capacitors, restistors, spark gaps and a high voltage supply eg;ignition coil, flyback, nst,etc

--||-- are caps 4.7nF 4KV --|__|-- are 1 megaohm resistors
---0 0--- are spark gaps. and the component on the left is not really necessary but makes it fire more reliably

i don't really know but i guess it depends on input:confused:

For single pulse, no not really, will cause more superficial tissue damange from vaporization at the entrance than it will do from sustain current through the body. A high voltage generator like this is by it's own design not capable of devliering a terminal current over any length of time. It's basically a multi stage switched capacitor array. The spark gaps just make it 'elegent' in that it doesn't need high voltage SCR's to trigger.

many electronic stores have high voltage caps. try this.**broken link removed**

they are not exactly the same but i think they would work.
what high voltage supply are you inteding to run it off eg; nst, ignition coil, flyback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back