MAX1472 Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

I've been reading up on this thing, can anyone tell me which of these recievers is best for picking up a signal from the MAX1472?
**broken link removed**

I ordered some samples of the MAX1472's to play around with a few days ago. I also ordered some **broken link removed** to use as receivers. I havent hooked anything up yet, but you might have a peek at the 1473.

I've studied the MAX1472. I want to plug a 3v battery into it, and then only while im holding a button, a 315Mhz signal is emited. There doesn't need to be any data riding the signal, just a pulse that can be detected by the MAX1473. Let me know if you figure it out.

Last edited:
You will find that any receiver will pick up a lot of noise when nothing is being transmitted.

Most systems turn the transmitter on and off in a recognisable way so that the receiver can be sure that it is not just noise that is being received.

Hi Adrienne,

I suggest you also download the circuit layouts of both, the MAX1472 and MAX1473 evaluation circuits, since they might not function properly if design rules are not strictly followed.

There is a an extra caution because of parasitic inductance which might be as much as 10µH over a trace length of 1inch, degrading the circuit.

The PCB layouts are clearly visible and should be done the way as suggested by MAXIM.

Regards

Boncuk

I could use a different frequency, probably around 450mhz? Boncuk the form factor is very small, do you think any of the evaluation layouts will permit this? What about other components. I saw some by Micrel that looked promissing. I just need an RF link that turns voltage high when power is recieved.

Last edited:
Hi Adrienne,

there are complete transceiver circuits operating on 315, 433 and 915MHz made by https://www.hoperf.com.

They are extremely small, e.g. the transmitter RFM42/43 is 15.5X14mm

The application also shows how to interface it with a PIC microcontroller.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
Thats interesting however I'm looking more towards a system that has a diameter no larger than a 6mm cylinder.

I can't find anything about size easily, but this is my thought: **broken link removed**

An MSP430 series processor (Extremely low power) and a 2.4 Ghz link. 6mm is still gonna be tough especially if your thinking about putting it into a 6mm OD container. Size can sometimes be reduced further, by using a die package of the device and multi-layer PC boards. And I'm not talking 4 layers. I think you can go to something like 40 layers at the right price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…