Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC only runs w/ ICD2 attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanD

Hello,

For some reason my MC will not run w/ the ICD2 hooked up. in order to run it standalone, i am disconnected the ICD2 connector and hooking up MCLR through a resistor to +5V. i checked the voltage at MCLR and it is 4.92V.

Should this be ok? what else needs to be done to run standalone? Does the programmer program all the config bits it needs to the chip? or are those running off the debugger somehow?

Thanks

DanD said:
Hello,

For some reason my MC will not run w/ the ICD2 hooked up. in order to run it standalone, i am disconnected the ICD2 connector and hooking up MCLR through a resistor to +5V. i checked the voltage at MCLR and it is 4.92V.

Should this be ok? what else needs to be done to run standalone? Does the programmer program all the config bits it needs to the chip? or are those running off the debugger somehow?

Thanks

Hi Mate,

If you are using the ICD2 and the MPLAB IDE, make sure that you have set the IDE up for the programmer mode and not the debugger. You will have to make sure that all your configurations bits are set correctly so that they match the hardware that you are using.

Cheers

Stolzie

ah, i see.

So programming it in program mode is different than programming it in debugger mode? I'm using the debugger menu for everything.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back