Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring powerline period/frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how much accuracy is required the internal 1% oscillator should be fine. Since the amount of measured pulses just has to remain constant does it matter what crystal you use?

hi,

Its just one of those personal preference things.
Keeps the timer rollover loop counter as nice integer when not using a ISR, avoids extra maths in calculating for accuracy.

ok...from all the posts it doesnt seem sooo hard(thanks for all the suggestions!) i think i'll use the interrupt method as its easier to grasp!

how do i use the output of the comparator to drive the PIC interrupt? and the overflow register you talked about thats INTCON isn't it?

also wot deos ISR represent?...sorry if i'm asking too many questions...thats how i learn!

ok...from all the posts it doesnt seem sooo hard(thanks for all the suggestions!) i think i'll use the interrupt method as its easier to grasp!

how do i use the output of the comparator to drive the PIC interrupt? and the overflow register you talked about thats INTCON isn't it?

also wot deos ISR represent?...sorry if i'm asking too many questions...thats how i learn!

Interrupt Service Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back