Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring temperature of wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
For closure, my solution to this was to use a very long wire and make my voltage measurement connection as tight as possible in the highest current carrying area (the underside of a wire twist). I also used a nice fluke multimeter to measure the current but it didnt seem to be varying much (with my long wire the voltage drop was much higher so maybe having a larger load helped the PSU).

The calculated resistance seemed quite reliable to determine temperature rise.

The biggest issue I had though was that the temperature coefficient of resistance in copper its fairly different from different sources, ranging from 0.38% to 0.42%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back