Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller Project $50-$200+ Reward Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
gth629e said:
Hacking a keyboard is not an option. Aside from being a mess to do, I need this to fit on my own PCB.

So this is a school project, not just something you want to make?.

In which case take an 18F series PIC with USB, and program it to do what you want - expect to spend many times the money doing it, and take many times longer as well.

Instead of stringing this poor guy along we should just explain that nobody here is going to do his project for him. It is too bad that he is so pressed for time and cannot do everything he needs to do. That's tough - that's life. Since he has not picked up on the subtle suggestions, I thought I'd try a two-by-four*.

*two-by-four - a piece of lumber used primarily in the construction of houses. It measues approximately 2 inches by 4 inches and comes in various lengths like 8 feel long or 93 3/8 inces for wall studs. Also used for cracking thick skulls.

Last edited:
Then what's wrong with the designs in your original post? They seem to be complete, hardware, software...

Edit: If I had to do it quick I'd spend the $99 on Swordfish BASIC & use the EasyHID module. Course it's for the 18F series PIC like the PIC18F2550.

Last edited:
Papa bravo,

A 2x4 is 1.5" x 3.5" by the way. No I'm not being hard headed, its called collaboration.

I can only suppose you do everything you self down to making your own toilette paper and have never had someone service your car, build your house etc. because that is what you are implying.

I also must believe you speak for everyone on this forum since "nobody will do [my] project for [me]."

If you do not want to do the project or do not want to help then do not post. There may be someone here who does.

Thanks to the people who have helped so far.

There is an example included in the CCS compiler that does almost this exact thing. It uses a USB PIC18 and when plugged into the computer it shows up as a keyboard.

You then push a button on the PIC and as long as you hold it down, it sends a predetermined character to the computer. It would be almost trivial to modify that example to include 20 buttons and send whatever characters you wanted.

If you wanted, you could also throw in a mouse endpoint for fun.

I did say that a 2 x4 was approximately those dimensions. Let's take a short review. A number of people have made helpful suggestions in which you seem less than enthusiastic. What you seem to be asking for is a finished piece in exchange for some money which you have characterized as a reward. I am making an educated guess that nobody on this forum is interested in doing what you want done for the reward offered. I could be wrong and if I am and you're satisfied with the result then I can also admit that I was wrong.

So forum members, is anybody willing to jump in and do the project to the specification for the reward offered? I don't know about the rest of y'all, but $6000 is about the minimum FFP contract I'd consider.

$6,000 is about right for a custom project. Why on earth would anyone want to tear apart a classic C64 for use as bog standard PC keyboard. Are there even enough keys?

I'll do it for $300 plus the cost of components and shipping (ie PCB will be the most expensive portion of that). But I'm putting my name on the PCB so dont try and pass it off as your own.

PM me if your actually interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back