Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave Mystery, fuse blows repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
RODALCO said:
they are UK made and very good.

What?, something made in the UK?, are they very old? :D

Or is it 'UK', perhaps a town in the PRC? :p

Years ago the Koreans renamed one of their towns Sheffield, so they could stamp 'Made In Sheffield' on their cutlery.

HiTech said:
Is the AC circuit breaker rated for 20 amps as well or is it the more common 15 amp?

That's a good thing to check.

Kitchens are supposed to be wired with two 20A circuits on GFCI outlets and the microwave circuit should be a dedicated 20A circuit with a normal outlet.

My house was wired by someone crazy. Switches with the white and black wire connected to the leads and then the white going to the black wire in the light box....
we even have our microwave on one of the 20A counter outlet circuits.

I just ran the 12G wire for the new circuit last night. I just have to feed it up the wall and then install it into the panel.

Where you connect it into the breaker box is also important. You should balance the load on each leg of the 220. That's simple math as you look at the total sum of the breaker values on each 115v leg. Connect the new wire to the leg that has the lesser load on it. Make sure the buss bars are not aluminum or you'll need to use non-oxidizing paste to eliminate a fire hazard.

Nigel, during WWII China did the very same thing, naming a town "USA" which they stamped on many cheezy, garbage quality products primarily intended to be sold to American GIs. This stuff was the lowest of the low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back