Mini Plate-Agitator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtesla

Hello All!

This is my first time being on this forum. I hope you guys can help me out with a little project I'm working on!

I wish to build a small plate-agitator about 12cm x 12cm. The agitator should be controlled by a dial and can alter frequencies between 80-200Hz and run on AA-batteries, or preferably, on those coin batteries.

You can get a sense of what I'm trying to accomplish by watching this: YouTube - Cornstarch at 120hz

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

That's just a PM speaker, you can buy them at almost any electronics supplier. Try Digikey, search for a flat one with a plastic cone. Do you have access to a frequency generator? If not, you can drive the speaker with a 555.

It is a weirdly interesting effect. Not sure if ultrasonics will work, it seems to ignore frequencies that are too high or low.

Less acronyms please What's 555 and what's a PM.

I thought about ultrasound, but is there one that can emit in the 80-200Hz range?

Can you give me some keywords to start with so that I can search up components on sites like Digikey?

Thanks for all your help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…