Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mini remote control car help

Status
Not open for further replies.

minifan

i own a xmod and i woz finkin bout makin an external terbo 4 it like da v2 board and da woahnelly.
i wud like 2 it to do more or less da same as da v2 which i have but i want 2 make my own for my college project.
it has 2 send a constant 5 - 6 Volts to the origional circuit and wot eva power i have connected 2 go to da motor and it needs fets 2 handle any kind of motor.
i am wantin 2 connect 3 or mayb 4 lithium ion cells because i am getin sum 4 free!! :lol:
nEhelp will be greatly appreciated
thanx

Wanted for Murder of the English language:

Minifan

I concur, that has got to be the most god-awful abuse of the language I have read in quite some time. i'm only 20, but reading that makes me feel old, if that's what kids think is "cool" nowadays :wink:

And what kind of college project do you have that could possibly be satisfied with something that trivial? hopefully not a senior capstone project... i'd prefer to think that all electrical engineers have to work as hard as I am to get their degree... :roll:

Xmod is from radioshack isn't it?

Plus you got to school to get some vocab lesson's.

In post's we need to have clear word's in order to understand what you want, so we could help you.

If you talk like that then we will never understand you.

I think so. I remember hearing a little about them on a micro RC forum.

minifan said:
woahnelly
Easy there, Tex.

This isn't like text-messaging on a wireless, so there's no need to try an abbreviate so many short words. And if you did somehow use a wireless to post that, I apologize in advance. This is a real pity because this was an interesting-sounding topic...until the horrible grammar & spelling kicked in.

Also, I agree with you on the projects evandude. I don't know what the typical requirement is but I'm really hoping I get an interesting project as a final test. If not, I figure I'll just go beyond what's expected.

We don't get assigned projects... we have to come up with our own and get it approved. but, they are reasonably rigorous so you can't get away with some stupid easy project.

evandude said:
I concur, that has got to be the most god-awful abuse of the language I have read in quite some time. i'm only 20, but reading that makes me feel old, if that's what kids think is "cool" nowadays :wink:

I wouldn't know, as soon as I see 'text speak' I stop reading the message, it's fair enough on a phone keypad (there's a good reason for it, as with the old radio amateur abbreviations), but NOT when you're using a full ASCII keyboard.

There are MANY! users on this board who's first language isn't English, yet they make a far better job of posting in English - I'm disgusted that someone with a UK location should post such an awful messge!.

sorry for the bad language i was in a hurry :cry:
yes the xmods are built by radioshack
i am planning on running a massive motor in it and i want to create like a turbo regulator thing
it simple sends 5V back to the origionalcars circuitry and all the voltage to the motor. it also needs a good FET system so i can run the motor.
once again sorry for the bad language :(

So you want a faster dc motor and a new h-bridge?

You would have to use a new transmitter and the price can build up.

i own a xmod...
You mean xbox?

...and i woz finkin bout makin an external terbo 4 it like da v2 board and da woahnelly. ...
woahnelly? and v2 board?

...i wud like 2 it to do more or less da same as da v2 which i have but i want 2 make my own for my college project.
I think you may need an english dictionary.

it has 2 send a constant 5 - 6 Volts to the origional circuit and wot eva power i have connected 2 go to da motor and it needs fets 2 handle any kind of motor.
Why do you have to have FET's to control a motor? Can't you just drive a BJT in common collector mode?

i am wantin 2 connect 3 or mayb 4 lithium ion cells because i am getin sum 4 free!! :lol:
nEhelp will be greatly appreciated
thanx
lithium cells are expensive. You are lucky you are getting them free.

No, he is talking about a mini remote control car.

also that is what is say's on the post.

it is a car from a place over hear called radio shack you most likely don't have one by you.

im still trying to figure out if a stock one can handle a 9V upgrade.... BTW there are forums for xmods specifically and you would definitely get your answer there cause so many people have already done this mod.... the one im part of is xmodsource....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back