Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Module to integrate camera picture with text from rs232 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblast

I'm a newbie on creating electronics, but it's so much plans i want to realize.

One of the first thing i want 2 make is a module with 2 bnc conections and a rs232.
The bnc inut is receiving signal from a camera thru a coax cable. The rs232 shall read from the signal between a cash register and a printer. The bnc out is the coax cable who can go to a screen or a recorder.
Also the bnc out should let the video signal go thru and also put in the same text printed out of the printer in the video signal.

Then the picture from camera will have text a text layer in front of it. This is a pos/cashscan solution where there is none requirements from recorder to work like all the other pos systems!

Wondered if there is someone who can help me find out a solution on what i need to make this integration between video and text!

You will still have to have some custom processing done because you will need to strip out the control codes etc. from the printer data (it will be printing a full reciept and you don't need all that data) for a start. For POS monitoring on CCTV you would also have to be carefull where you overlay the video data.

This 28 pin chip is exactly what you need for your project, at about $10.00 it is not expensive and it uses standard SPI.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back