Motor control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

crunch53

Ok , I’m going to post this question again. The last time I posted this I couldn’t get a schematic of a circuit that I could use that was simple. Maybe by not wanting this thing to do so many things it will help. I am not familiar enough right now to work with PIC’s etc ant this should be a fairly simple circuit that could probably used a 555 or such which I understand a little bit. Right now I won’t make it do too many things at once. Here is what I need.
1. I have a small geared motor that’s 6 volts DC. No load is about 65 milliamps and with a load I can get it up to around 90 milliamps. I have a pushbutton and let’s say that I want an led on and sitting next to the pushbutton. I push the button and the shaft of the motor turns 1 time and stops until the next time the button is pushed.
2. Same scenario except the motor runs for 30 seconds and stops until button is pushed again.
3. Same scenario except no switch to push. The motor just runs for 30 seconds and stops for 1 hour and keeps repeating the same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• threaded_motor_circuit2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 541
Is there something traveling on the threaded shaft? If so, does it have to reverse automatically at the end of the shaft? What does the LED do?

No nothing traveling on this one. There was another project I’m working on that I still need help on. See post https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/analog-design-some-things-to-remember.18500/#post-113464. This one is a little bit different and simpler. Right now the led is just on showing to press the button. In the end this is what I want this whole project to do.
I have a micro switch and let’s say that I want an led sitting next to the micro switch. The led is on right now. I push the switch and the output shaft of the motor turns 3 times and stops. 45 minutes later I do the same thing again. The circuit is set to do this only twice in 2 hours. So now the led goes off and the motor will not run either. 2 hours has passed since the beginning and alls well. Now the led is on and the switch can be pressed 2 more times in the next 2 hours. If possible the times should be easily adjustable.
Thanks

Since you are using a regular old DC motor, you'll need some sort of feedback to know when the shaft has completed 1 revolution. Once you have that feedback, you could probably use a binary counter ic to do the counting, the counter will increment when the shaft turns once. when the count reaches a certain number (determinted by you), it will shut down the motor.

For everything that you want to do, a pic would be perfect.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…