Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Speed Adjuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishael

Well I am building simulated rotating emergency lights (using rows of LEDs that light up in sequence) thats run by different rotary switch outputs (yes its unorthodox i know) and the switch is turned by a 12VDC motor. I want to be able to change the speed by using a dial. I looked at potentiometers and thought they would be perfect except, I don't know how to use one in a circuit. I don't even know if thats the device i want. So, if you could, just shed some light on my predicament. Thanks!

Use the potentiometer to control a 555 configured as PWM (Goggle 555 pwm). The 555 will drive a MOSFET the controls the motor voltage and thus its speed.

Thats exactly what i was looking for! except, i know how to read that but i dont know how to make a PCB board. think you could help me with that one too?

Well I am building simulated rotating emergency lights (using rows of LEDs that light up in sequence)

Good idea using a cylindrical arrangement of LEDs. How could it be done with electronics and no pic? The leading column of LEDs need to come on as the lagging column LEDs turns off. Maybe 10 columns of LEDs on at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back