Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mp3 player into a controller? please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

icon1031

Hi im new to this forum so hey, if i do anything wrong please let me know.

Right back on topic, i want to put a cheap mp3 player in to NES control pad. I want to configure it so that the head phone jack comes out of the lead hole. i also want the volume up and down and song skip forward and back in the directional pad and the play and stop in to the A and B buttons. In research i did a search and found a German guy that had done somthing similar, but the whole page is in German. Alsoit is more of a report than a techinical document. So i could only use the pictures. also he doesnt use the A and B button i think he must use the stat adn select button.

My main question is how do i wire the buttons on the mp3 circuit board on to the NES pad circuit board so i can use the original buttons or is there a way to wire in different buttons underneath the NES ones?

and also how would i install a recharageable battery as aposed to a replaceable that will charge off the USB cable?

cheers

-tom-

https://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/nes-controller-mp3-player

https://www.futurenews.at/archives/826-NESamp-MP3-Player.html

Btw., it is beyond me why some of the Slashdot folks are calling this a fake. All I did was disassemble an ordinary USB MP3 stick (a SHE MP-101 BD, to be exact), cut the NES controllers PCB to size, and wire the buttons to the MP3 players button contacts. The holes for the headphones and USB connector where indeed done using a dremel tool. This is of course not wizardry, but I still think its pretty cool to have a custom player like that. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Hey yeah thats what i saw, well didnt see the slashdot bit, and mine was in German, still i would prefer more technical information i want to know how to install a rechargable battery that will charge off usb and how to wire in the buttons from the mp3 and the Nes pad?

cheers

-tom-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back