Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MRF24J40MA Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to move some signals from top to bottom anyway. I would rather put in a through hole header and let it serve the purpose then add vias.

I second what Mark (you will always be Matt to me :) ) said about not using SMD headers. Same for switches. I have no problem mixing through hole and SMD parts. I use what works best, and sometimes just what I happen to have on hand.

Last edited:
i remade the footprint because Altium has so many its hard to find. But the thing i like is custom footprint with custom 3d i made. Take a look:

Attachments

• 100_0624.JPG
    100_0624.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,611
  • 100_0623.JPG
    100_0623.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 431
  • sample.JPG
    sample.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 269
ok this kinda sux being limited to ZigBee or MiWi

Would it be possible to make a BASIC communication type API?

Like There are so many files to keep track of its not even funny. Why in the world is this so complex heh...

What if my goal is simple 1 FFD and 2-3 RFDs then im still screwed and stuck with a 20 file project... isnt there some way of doing this simple??? like what is the most basic thing i can do?

Hi I made 2 clones of the PICDEMZ board and they both work!.Here is a picture of them.Its a single sided design with every thing on the PICDEMZ except the 18LF2620.On one of them i messed up the soldering of MAX3232 and had to make the serial part external but the other one is perfect.I have used screw connectors to provide expandability.Every unused pin has one(the second board has some missing since i ran out of them).

Attachments

• 15012010019.jpg
    15012010019.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
If you just want the MRF24 in a part library, I made one up a long time ago. It's really crude, but you can have it. I only did limited testing with the MRF24j and MiWi.

Attachments

• marks-mrf24j40ma.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 231
I have a MRF24J40 board; I just need to create motherboard for those antennas (PICDEM Z clone).

Microchip is providing schematics but I have issues with PCB (I don't have footprints for elements that I want to use).

I thought that 3v0 has some schematics and layout for PICDEM Z board.

Anyway thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back