Multi-Array LED Display Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreik

My professor is asking me to find a schematic diagram of a MULTI-ARRAY LED DISPLAY MODULE and build it. It will be connected to an I/O interface module which I already have. The display module must be controlled by the I/O interface.The diagram can be found at **broken link removed**. Pls. give me some tips on how to build a multi array LED display module and where I can find the schematic diagram. Thanks

it is interresting that you are using Visual Basic for your project.

**broken link removed**

i would enjoy learning that..

So this multi array module will be connected to the circuit that is in the link?
You are going to use VB to control it?

Anyhoo, shift registers are what you need, I'm currently working on a similar project, only I'm going to use a micro to control the I/O

You shift the bits in at high speed, that is, you send the bits into the SR one at a time, this speed is determined by the clock signal. there are 8 bits per register so once you shift the 9th bit in, it is carried over to the next SR. (Sorry if I confused you, I gotta run to class, maybe someone else can explain it more or they have a better schematic)
heres a quick schematic

Attachments

• shift_register.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 521
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…