Multiple composite RGB help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubleday

I wish to display a video image using an RGB signal.
The signal would be generated from the video out of three separate composite monitors.

The cameras have no sync plug though the monitors the cameras are plugged into do, an in & out sync.
Is there a way to sync them on the way to the rgb ports to correct the HV phase?
At the moment the red and blue drift across the screen.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
You would have to break into the camera's circuitry and wire them together such that all three of them operate from one of the camera's sync generator. That would require a schematic of the camera's circuitry and understanding of the circuit's operation

thanks for that, though i would like to keep the camera untouched.
I think this might be the answer, does anyone know of curcuitry that might fit this situation?

maybe i just have to get gen-lockable cameras.
though i'm not convinced that it's a dead end with the circuit

maybe i just have to get gen-lockable cameras.
though i'm not convinced that it's a dead end with the circuit

As far as I'm aware it requires custom IC's or lot's of processing power - and probably both.

If the cameras aren't designed to lock to a common sync source (like professional cameras), then it's not easy to do. I think it's usually done by digitising and storing all the inputs, and then recreating the signals all in sync.

If you need further convincing, I agree with Nigel. An external Gen Lock circuit would require storing a frame or two from each camera (or at least from two of the cameras) and then outputting them in sync.

Edit: So why do you want to do this rather odd task?

Last edited:
to make a three colour video feedback unit

i can do it with gen lock cameras, it's just that i want to use tube cameras
and it's pretty hard to find three video tube cameras with genlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…