Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Digital clock circuit is not going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown100

I'm a very beginner in electronics...Here's my circuit... I have made last three digits of HH:MM:SS clock but the minute SSD(shown) is not working on my simulator...
Please I need help....

That's like asking, "my car is not running, what's the problem?".

How is it not working?

Eo from IC1 goes high on a carry, but OE on IC3 is expecting a low to enable counts.

Duffy,
To enable count, i've set CE low...same is in IC1...there it works
And what is OE? I didn't get you...
Actually my problem is that, when the terminals A,B,C goes low, this must give an o/p high. and this high is fed into clk if IC3.....While simulating the o/p comes as high as expected but clk shows 0.....

You have EO grounded on IC3. This is an output and should not be grounded.

Ya i've removed the ground from EO now.....but not working still now...Is my logic right? ....Please suggest some alternatives for a digital clock using 4000 series ICs

Hi,

this is not a digital clock as you consider your design to be it.

It is a simple up/down counter circuit counting up and down from 0 to 999 and recycle.

To load indiviual settings to the tens and hundreds repeat the circuit used for the ones.

Boncuk

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

I've not thought of circuit further than this..This pic shows two second SSDs and one minute SSD..
I am trying to reset the mid SSD's counter when its value is 6...............
Please Help me people.... And i am unnown of further circuits as well

You are combining TTL with Cmos logic. But the minimum TTL logic high output voltage is not high enough for a Cmos minimum logic high input voltage according to Don Lancaster in his Cmos Cookbook. He suggests adding a 2.2k pullup resistor to make the logic high output voltage from the TTL output high enough.

But your Simulator program probably doesn't know these things.

oh oh.....is that the problem..... thanks brother....i actually didn't knew about pull up resistors........
can you show a demo circuit to use pullup in my circuit........
Is it like switch?......which will be On when cmos o/p CLK is on and provides TTL sufficiently high valued trigger...?

thanks in advance brother

TTL logic ICs operate only with a +5.0V supply.
The minimum output high voltage of a TTL gate is +2.4V and is +2.7V for an LS-TTL gate.
The minimum input high voltage of a Cmos gate is +3.5V.
So the voltage must be higher for it to be recognized as a valid logic high voltage.

The 2.2k pullup resistor "pulls up" the voltage because it is connected to the +5.0V supply.
It is shown here:

thanks brother it's working now.........
My clock is now complete upto MM:SS.....
For the HH part i've not thought yet.....
If any problem, i'll be back here....
Thanks again

How can I use pin 14 and C-out of 4026 in HH.....?
I mean using flipflop with these two and hit reset to the 10s of HH.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back