Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My simple solar lighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathsgene

I know very little about electronics but i've got alot of interest in it.
I want to power my LEDs with solar and i want them to work quite well. please do help me with the circuit.

Well lets see you didn't tell us how many LEDs you want, what the output is from your solar panels and if you have any clue what you are talking about...

No offense but no one wants to do all the work for you...people get paid for that sort of stuff.

Here's a rough idea...

Panels -> Voltage Regulator (yes?) -> LEDs.

or you could try and like trickle charge a battery so that if the panels go out then a battery "automatically" kicks in.

Just my thoughts.

Tough to build cheaper than $3-5.00, which is what you can find your basic solar garden light at Big Lots, CVS, Dollar Store, or basically any discount store. Free, if you can find them down the street... (just kidding, don't do it). Basically, have to watch sales flyers or stop by once in a while. Unfortunately, this past year or so, there have only been the single AA battery types, and they don't seem to take modification well (yet). Low current and noisey (100khz?).

https://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/565/Solar_Panels_and_Photovoltaics.html
These are good, I've used them with a microcontroller a few times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back