My Windows XP CD shattered in the drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I rebuild an old box I had here using a 1gig celery chip and got 1.5 gig of ram out of china, it runs a stripped down version of xp and the thing runs quicker than my 2 gig laptop. I use this puter for my cnc I'm making and sofar it hasn't skipped a beat.

I think you meant, "EXPLODED"!!!

Those noobs on mythbusters did an episode on this and said it was impossible, around the same time mine EXPLODED!

My problems was I had ez-biosed a larger hard drive partition in win95 (2.1GiG max) and attempted a restore from floppy boot which i forgot & by-passed the ez-bios boot and so, the hard drive "wasn't" there to copy restore files to which caused the cd to write files the fastest I've seen....which caused the cd to spin too fast, lol. Wasn't funny at the time, though!

I haven't received the CD, the computer shop said they'd send me.

I might give them a call as well as using a pirate copy in the mean time.

EDIT:
I'm surprised mythbusters said it's not possible. I suppose this proves, you can't believe everything you see on TV.

Last edited:
Your reason for explosion, it told you in as few words that it would happen, lol. Windoze!
If you see that again, stop!
But I know nothing about raptor as previously suggested, would seriously consider that bios setting change...

Last edited:
I got sick of waiting and downloaded a pirate copy.

I went for XP Home SP 3 so I didn't have to install all of the service packs manually.

Thanks for the Pirate Bay, not all people who use it are dishonest, some just want to download some software they're already licensed to use but they don't have the original copy. If I get a letter from my ISP, I'll send them one back explaining that I was not breaking the law and telling them to mind their own business.

Thanks for Microsoft making pirating their software as easy as stealing candy from a baby. The download came with a list of keys and bypassing the product activation was as easy as editing the registry, although being lazy I downloaded a patch so all I needed to do was click on it.

The Raptor is very fast, Windows boots much faster and many programs also load faster. Interesting it's made more of a difference to some programs than others: Firefox and OpenOffice seems to be much faster but it doesn't seem to have improved Inkscape much, which still takes awhile to load (around ten seconds).

I'm still using the old hard drive as the main boot drive at the moment but I'll soon as I get everything transferred across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…